TClass: Best Abs Ever
Class length: 30 minutes
Description from the Equinox: Chisel your core and ignite your metabolism with a challenging, 30-minute six-pack of exercises that builds abdominal muscles and enhances total-body performance.
What Class Was Like
Quick and challenging. Using a mat, a resistance band and our own body weight we flew through two sets of seven (bonus!) different exercises with 50 seconds on and 10 seconds off. Add a quick warm-up and cool-down, and you’ve got an efficient add-on ab class to get your day started. Ok, or started and finished, I wouldn’t judge because this class was hard.
Great class if you’d like an efficient ab workout that can complement another activity. I wouldn’t recommend it for beginners. Remember to modify if you’re feeling pain in your lower back and as a prerequisite I recommend being able to hold a plank for 60 seconds and a side plank for 30 seconds.
- bicycle crunches with resistance bands around the feet
- walking planks with resistance bands
- high plank bringing alternating legs to knees, crossing legs to knees, then holding
- burpee then superman repeating combo
- leg scissors with resistance bands
Who would love it?
A great class for someone with a fitness base who wants to power through some difficult ab work using the group for motivation and an instructor for guidance.
Know before you go
- If you see people getting a ton of equipment, they might be staying for the next class. Check before you grab everything.
- The blue resistance bands are harder than the green. There’s enough so you can probably take one of each if you’re uncertain.
- All exercises with a resistance band can be done without one; get the exercise done, if the band isn’t working, ditch it.