One of my first messages to everyone is this: remember that every meal counts!
Would I love to see a vegan world? Yes. But I’d also love to see someone start eating a veggie burger out to lunch once in while.
It’s much more feasible that all Americans might eat meatless one day a week than that 1/7th of the population will go vegan.
And every meal matters.
An estimated 2,500 gallons of water are needed to produce one pound of beef. Choosing a veggie or black bean burger could reduce your water consumption by more than skipping showers for an entire month. See more mind-blowing facts about our power to conserve by making different food choices here: http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/
So, veggie burgers are for everyone. Or black bean burgers. Or bean and rice burritos. Or sweet potato enchiladas. DEFINITELY sweet potato enchiladas.
Here are some resources that will help you find delicious environmentally friendly meal choices whether you’re committing to meatless Mondays, trying your first veggie burger, or going all-in.
Popular Plant-Based Recipe Blogs
• lighter.world – meal planning platform with healthy recipes, food preference filters, menu creation, and instacart integration for grocery delivery
Nutrition & Health
• pcrm.org – The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is one of the most well-respected and comprehensive guides to plant-based eating health and nutrition
• nutritionfacts.org – quick video and blog summaries of the latest research on food and health
• happycow.net – online database (and app) listing vegetarian, vegan and veg-friendly restaurants by zip code
• The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon
• Plant-Powered Families by Dreena Burton
• Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook
• But I Could Never Go Vegan! By Kristy Turner
• Isa Does It by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Meal Delivery Services
• Purple Carrot (you receive recipe and prepped ingredients) purplecarrot.com
• Fresh N Lean (meals premade for reheating) freshnlean.com
• Veestro (meals premade for reheating) veestro.com